That Asian Thing Website

Welcome to "That Asian Thing" News! Check here often to find out what's going on with the documentary, production notes, ideas, viewings, and random thought releases from the director. Don't forget to click on the links to find other realms of "That Asian Thing." Thank you for coming and keep up the support!

"Those Asian Goodies"


**click on the shirts**

Yahoo Listserv

Subscribe to thatasianthing
Powered by movies.groups.yahoo.com

October 13, 2005

Research and Camera stuff

As I'm becoming more defining with my goal at hand in doing this project, I keep on rolling ideas on who I want to interview. The main points of this whole "asian thing" is:

1) making people more aware of Asian Americans and the differences within our race AND

2) how comedy is used to portray this point and in my case, what materials I can work with for my sketches.

Yesterday I emailed Margaret Cho (and her management) off of her website. Keeping my fingers crossed for a response. Today I need to email Take Out Comedy -- an assorted gang of Asian misfits. These comics are always roaming all over the nation, so I'll
have to persuade them to make a pit stop in Chicago. Again -- fingers crossed!! I'm THINKING about purchasing another digital camera for the sake of more footage. YES, MORE! We need to get as much footage as possible. I've also looked unto the Asian American Studies Department at Northwestern University in Evanston, IL. They have a pretty prestigious department with faculty that have contributed books to Asian Studies. I have to start keeping tab of purchases made toward the project too. Last night -- $20 for digital 8 film. A last note -- I have to start filming myself (like confessional style alla Real World). Documentaries are based upon the auteur and in this case, that's me. I can't forget that most of this project evolves around me and learning Asian American stuff. Can't be afraid to talk with no one else in the room.

No comments: