That Asian Thing Website

Welcome to "That Asian Thing" News! Check here often to find out what's going on with the documentary, production notes, ideas, viewings, and random thought releases from the director. Don't forget to click on the links to find other realms of "That Asian Thing." Thank you for coming and keep up the support!

"Those Asian Goodies"


**click on the shirts**

Yahoo Listserv

Subscribe to thatasianthing
Powered by movies.groups.yahoo.com

October 13, 2005

It has begun....

Tonight is the opening night of this blog. As of right now, we have 17 minutes of footage. Early this morning on the way to work, I (Jonald) recruited my cousin (Wayne) as my trusty cameraman. He's had experience with still photography in the past and I figure I take it up a notch for him to expose his hidden talent.

Prior to this, this past weekend I had an epiphany while watching the foreign film, "Border Cafe." I felt that there had to be a new truth to telling people as a whole of where Asian America is ("Border Cafe" tells a story of what it's like in Persian countries). At first I didn't want to admit to using the racial card as a way to make a film or even to start writing. You can reference all my writing peers and friends -- my writings in the past have never had anything to do with my race nor make commentary on it....UNTIL NOW. I feel that I can help make another notch in Asian American awareness by writing up a sketch comedy revue for stage. AND while in the process, making a documentary of my research for writing this revue can help create a message to all Asian Americans as a whole.

I personally would like to learn more about Asian American discrimination and why we're not having a greater impact on this U.S. soil. Is it because people just don't know? Are they afraid? Do they care? Do we not have enough hip hop rappers in our race? Even the caucasians have Eminem, the Beastie's, and 3rd Bass (...OH SNAP...didn't think I'd go there, huh?!...you're lucky I didn't break out Kid Rock and old school Bubba Franks).

I hope you follow me on this ride...cause it should be a bumpy one....

No comments: