That Asian Thing Website

Welcome to "That Asian Thing" News! Check here often to find out what's going on with the documentary, production notes, ideas, viewings, and random thought releases from the director. Don't forget to click on the links to find other realms of "That Asian Thing." Thank you for coming and keep up the support!

"Those Asian Goodies"


**click on the shirts**

Yahoo Listserv

Subscribe to thatasianthing
Powered by movies.groups.yahoo.com

October 14, 2005

Inquiries

Last night I recorded myself for the first time in B&W under a tracklight
spotlight. I reversed the viewer to see myself as I was recording
and it's pretty sufficient in terms of lighting and normal camera angle. I
gave the synopsis, goal, and thoughts of my process so far.
Afterwards I did more research on the backbone of my information -- the
internet. I looked up more mainstream (or in our case, "breaking
into the mainstream") Asian American entertainment. I went through
KidHeroes Productions (which I remembered cause of "The Debut") and came to the rap crew, the Pacifics (who happen to be in Chicago). Then I continued on with that area of hip hop and rap. I hit up
Jin a.k.a. The Emcee and looked unto Apl.D.Ap of BEP. I kept on surfin and then realized that the Asian American Jazz Festival is in town and underway. SO, today I sent out some inquiries and wait to see what'll happen. I'm also thinking about improvements in terms of technical stuff. I think we need to purchase some mics, maybe lighting equipment, AND this blog needs to get revamped a little. This should happen over the
weekend.....

No comments: