That Asian Thing Website

Welcome to "That Asian Thing" News! Check here often to find out what's going on with the documentary, production notes, ideas, viewings, and random thought releases from the director. Don't forget to click on the links to find other realms of "That Asian Thing." Thank you for coming and keep up the support!

"Those Asian Goodies"


**click on the shirts**

Yahoo Listserv

Subscribe to thatasianthing
Powered by movies.groups.yahoo.com

October 23, 2005

The Little Things Count

Over the weekend, I did more personal clean up for this project. I sent numerous inquiries to Colleges and Universities in pursuit to get TakeOut Comedy to perform in the Chicagoland area. I also called a number of high schools around the area to investigate on Asian American organizations. This was necessary in order to give the documentary more in-depth analysis of our topic (and for those of you just tuning it, the topic is, "Why isn't there a bigger impact of Asian Americans in mainstream American culture?").

I have also sent out inquiries to a couple of professors of Universities. The bigger reason for this inquiry is because I want to figure out if the problem may lie in lost of identity. Sometimes Asians conform to other cultures that don't represent their roots. And to make it more blunt and racey - Some Asians I know act "white" and some asians I know act "black." Therefore not exposing a personal identity that they're associated with and then not having something different to break into the mainstream with. Okay...okay...maybe I'll give ya the chinese character tatoos...but that's it!

I've also sent out an inquiry to Kid Heroes Production. Since they've been in the game for awhile, I figure I try to get a little insight and advice. Something that I'm learning as this project keeps on going is helping hands mean so damn much! Sorry to be so blunt again, but whenever anyone contacts me, sends in a survey, or even tries to help a brotha out with this documentary...it gets me motivated, happy, and willing to keep on going.

Thanks to people that are reading this too! PLEASE sign my guestpad to let me know you're out there!! AND SPREAD THE WORD PLEASE!! Thank you to all the people that have sent in surveys and wished us good luck on our project. AND Thank you for the people that have inquiried from craigslist! ROCK ON!

NOW...I must invest the rest of my night to watching a documentary. It's helping me learn better formats to follow and how to create my voice with the exchange of voice-overs, images, music, and placement. I want this to be a strong voice for people to learn from. A voice of jiggy boy wisdom -- HOLLA!

No comments: