That Asian Thing Website

Welcome to "That Asian Thing" News! Check here often to find out what's going on with the documentary, production notes, ideas, viewings, and random thought releases from the director. Don't forget to click on the links to find other realms of "That Asian Thing." Thank you for coming and keep up the support!

"Those Asian Goodies"


**click on the shirts**

Yahoo Listserv

Subscribe to thatasianthing
Powered by movies.groups.yahoo.com

October 19, 2005

A night with Living Memory/Living Absence

Tonight, Wayne and I ventured to a private dress rehearsal of Amy Homma and Anida Esguerra as per their contribution to the Chicago Asian American Jazz Festival. Anida's one woman performance of Living Memory/Living Absence is a combination of spoken word, visual art, and interpretive dance. Amy's performance of the Japanese lute and drums were really cool. I'm personally big on drums and hear beats in my head all day long. She rocked out man. Anida's performance was powerful. I, personally (again), have never gone to a combination of artistic expressionisms but it had a strong voice and it told a story of rebirth. THANKS ANIDA! I appreciate the fact that she let us take footage of her performance. If you've never been to a multimediated art performance before, I say try it out to see. It works for some people and doesn't work for others. Just depends on your cup of tea.

On the horizon:

--we're in pursuit to get an interview with the Pacifics. I'm pretty psyched about that. I hope to get a little freestyle action documented. They're a very good example of a music group trying to break into the mainstream (and in their case, it would be in the world of hip hop).

--I have open lines of communication with actors and other musical groups through inner networking and the use of good ol'chicago craigslist. I need to get a grasp of how it feels to try out for jobs in the mainstream where opportunity doesn't knock for the brown/yellow fisted.

--THANK YOU for all the surveys I've gotten so far. They've been droppin like it's hot and it's been a good indication of how this project is getting on its feet. If you're reading this and haven't filled out a survey...PLEASE DO IT! Every little bit helps and it gives me greater insight for my own personal project of writing the sketch revue. And don't forget to PASS IT ON!!

--there's other stuff in the mix...but right now...bed is in the mix....

No comments: