That Asian Thing Website

Welcome to "That Asian Thing" News! Check here often to find out what's going on with the documentary, production notes, ideas, viewings, and random thought releases from the director. Don't forget to click on the links to find other realms of "That Asian Thing." Thank you for coming and keep up the support!

"Those Asian Goodies"


**click on the shirts**

Yahoo Listserv

Subscribe to thatasianthing
Powered by movies.groups.yahoo.com

March 28, 2008

Hype, hype, hype - let it build!

So after our FSU stint, I figure we should start building some hype for the movie. Why not try to create a buzz out there, eh? Get more people across the nation involved via word of mouth. Therefore, of course, I'll have to start within my own group of friends and their friends and so fourth, and so fourth.

Therefore - I've contacted a bunch of my friends who are actively social and whom I can see holding mini-screening parties at their humble abode. Through this, maybe a friend of a friend knows people at a film festival. Or even more so, a college campus activities person, a movie theater manager, a film magazine editor, or other forms of publicity knowledged personell.

If you're one of my buds out there that has received a gift from your ol'pal Jonald and has graciously invited friends of friends to a mini-screening, please don't hesitate to take pictures and send'em this way! I'll be more than happy to give a shout out about your current project and/or post the pics of the fun that people have with "That Asian Thing." Not only does the documentary stir up great conversation, but you can party with it too! haha! HHmmm...do I see a new tagline in the works???

But right now, I'm still playing around with the Director's Cut and attempting to trim it down a bit. For the next couple of days, I'm going to attempt to text out all the dialogue from the film. This way, I can literally see points that can be cut or portions that can be eliminated.

ALSO - a new hotspot that I've found for indie filmmakers is the infamous - "Film Threat" (http://www.filmthreat.com). Sometime last year I picked up a great book all about film festivals - The Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide by Chris Gore. Well - Mr. Gore is the guru who founded Film Threat mag which turned into a hotspot on the web, especially for indie filmmakers. The reason it's great for Tarantino wannabes - you can have them check out your work if need be (obviously for some extra incentives). AND they list a bunch of film festival deadlines and other film type contests for budding young auteurs. I highly suggest checking it out if your a young filmmaker, love movies, or just wanna read some reviews on flicks. It's for the inner film chi in you...

SO - we got some stuff stirring in the pot. Hang tight kids cause this ride is actually just starting!

No comments: