That Asian Thing Website

Welcome to "That Asian Thing" News! Check here often to find out what's going on with the documentary, production notes, ideas, viewings, and random thought releases from the director. Don't forget to click on the links to find other realms of "That Asian Thing." Thank you for coming and keep up the support!

"Those Asian Goodies"


**click on the shirts**

Yahoo Listserv

Subscribe to thatasianthing
Powered by movies.groups.yahoo.com

November 29, 2007

Time for a little revamp!



After the viewing last week, I was fortunate enough to have a few friends that have had their hands in the film world. With smiles, they approached me to offer a hand in any fix-ups I intended to do. And to this, I gladly accepted and obliged.


Before I get into the brew ha-ha of that mental matter, I'd like to share a few sly pics of yours truly via our buddy, Mr. Alex Chang. My nerves were a bit shot, and I wasn't focused on breaking out the digital camera for my bloggerific audience. From the following, you'll see my silly mug in front of the "Oh Sweet!" movie poster hanging at the entrance of the theater. And again, I'd like to thank Jason Vita of Tinbox Solutions for our super rad poster and postcard designs. Please check out his work and don't hesitate to contact for your "I need an ill-matic design" needs. Tell'em Jonald sent ya (to which he'll probably boost your cost by 20% - haha! that's my cut....ssshhhhh...)



This other portrait of a young artist is with my old school pal via Second City, Mr. Rob Biesenbach. Rob was interviewed for "That Asian Thing" to give an objective point of view on how it feels to be an actor in Chicago. He helped to support a point on how audition panels sometimes overview talent to accommodate to a specific look that they want. I'd also like to point out "That Asian Thing" shout out from Rob on his own blog-topia: http://robbiesenbach.blogspot.com/2007/11/tonight-i-went-to-world-premiere-of-my.html. Be sure to check out his main site and catch some of his work. He's a baaaaad mam'uh jam'uh!

REVAMP THOUGHTS:

Just a few nights ago, I had a great sit down with my friend, Barree, on the aesthetics and meaning of my film. Obviously, he shared his own thoughts on the subject matter, but relatively it went hand in hand with the break down. We took apart specific points of the film and he helped me re-evaluate the big questions I wanted to address for each act. Continuing on, we went over a few comments that I shared with him from viewers of the screening. He helped me realize and establish the strong points of the documentary and how I can expand upon it. I think I was blinded from watching my film over and over so many times that I lost focus on my direction. This in turn made parts too choppy and lacked a better flow of specific topics. So working with Barree really helped me think of a new layout for the film. I know I can make this better than what it already is.

I'm also going to work with my other friend, Mike, who's a sound engineer. I'm sure he can help clean up background noises I couldn't do from lack of experience. This should be enlightening as I'm not very familiar with sound waves and what nots.

TIMELINE:

Right now, I'm going to work hard to get the new layout planted. Then I'll work with Mike to clean up the sound. Afterwards, I may try to hold a very informal viewing with close friends to get a feel of the new look. In the meantime, I'm still going to submit press kits and submissions to film festivals. Luckily, since we're in an upcoming year, a new set of deadline dates are being established.

Please don't forget to check on here and leave us comments, either here, on myspace, friendster, msn spaces, asian avenue, tagged, youtube, and probably way more in the future. SUPPORT TO CHANGE!! thanks....

No comments: