That Asian Thing Website

Welcome to "That Asian Thing" News! Check here often to find out what's going on with the documentary, production notes, ideas, viewings, and random thought releases from the director. Don't forget to click on the links to find other realms of "That Asian Thing." Thank you for coming and keep up the support!

"Those Asian Goodies"


**click on the shirts**

Yahoo Listserv

Subscribe to thatasianthing
Powered by movies.groups.yahoo.com

March 05, 2007

Groovy Ghost Films, Inc. est. 7/6/06

As I continue to venture into this post-production, I suppose I'll drop some knowledge concerning Groovy Ghost Films, Incorporated.

Groovy Ghost Films, Inc. is a registered incorporation in the state of IL. When I was gaining momentum with "That Asian Thing," I was advised by my legal begal buddies to form a company so I have a cushion in name in case anything were to go wrong. In other words, if someone I interviewed were to watch my film and not like the way I portrayed he/she, they would sue my company instead of me directly. It's safer that way in a business sense and doesn't hurt my personal track record. ('cause my run at presidentail nomination is right around the corner - ha!)

Continuing on - the incorporation also helps with financial situations. It helps differentiate the costs put into the project from my own personal adventures. However, with tax season in high tide, it is taking a large toll as far as putting together all my documentation and preparing for a loss. This is where the "broke artist" mentality sets in. Since I'm starting from nothing and not gaining any distance as far as profits are concerned, I've had to spend more than I make, which isn't a good thing. Uncle Sam wants his share of my nothing. Isn't that why paying your taxes is awesome?!?!

However - it'll ALL PAY OFF!! Right, guys?? (cricket, cricket) uh...hello??

Right now, I'm researching theaters to get on lockdown for the private screening of "That Asian Thing." I want this to be the best film to represent the Asian-American artists in Chicago, so I wouldn't want this movie to go out to a festival not knowing if I gave each person the right say. Therefore, a private screening for just the artists within my film is justification on making sure everything is okay in the film in their eyes. I think even BEFORE that - I'll be setting up a small, focus group screening. This will be a culmination of hand-picked people who I believe will give me the necessary feedback on how my film is and what I can do to make it better.

SO with all that, I'm looking to hopefully send out festival packets for 2008 events. Wish me luck! (I'm gonna need it...this pressure is killing me....)

Please don't forget to check out the "linx" section on the main page (http://www.thatasianthing.com). Some events are coming up and you should support some of that good stuff!

No comments: