That Asian Thing Website

Welcome to "That Asian Thing" News! Check here often to find out what's going on with the documentary, production notes, ideas, viewings, and random thought releases from the director. Don't forget to click on the links to find other realms of "That Asian Thing." Thank you for coming and keep up the support!

"Those Asian Goodies"


**click on the shirts**

Yahoo Listserv

Subscribe to thatasianthing
Powered by movies.groups.yahoo.com

October 17, 2005

3-2-1...CONTACT!

YES-- contact has been made tonight. First, I called Anida Yoeu Esguerra, who will be performing at the end of the Asian American Jazz Festival. I'm pretty excited to view to Living Memory / Living Absence. I feel like its gonna be this unreal artistic interpretation of rebirth into a culture once known but now forgotten. I'm deeply intrigued, especially since Anida has done a lot in terms of pushing Asian Americans forward. Check out her site!

And then later on at night, I received a call from Jami Gong from TakeOut Comedy. Straight off of their Hong Kong tour, Jami still exhuberated all this energy about Asian American comedy and his own envisionment of Asian Americans in mainstream culture. I'm gonna bust my ass to get these guys to perform here. It would be a huge contribution to all causes at hand.

Last but not least, my network of friends are starting to pull through with people they know that have been trying to break into the mainstream "system" for so long. it's good to be good to people.

on the forefront -- i had a thought (....oh, oh!). being that this is a push for cultural diversity and since i am in Chicago...there is one man that can give spiritual input and insight. that's right - Mr. Rainbow Coalition himself. so...now i'm on the hunt. Also, my little cousin is part of an Asian American club at her school - I think I want to do some interviews and see how our future is being handled concerning this issue.

and now we rest....

No comments: